Oceania Cruises has added a brand-new immersive Grand Voyage itinerary for 2023 after delaying a scheduled drydock for Marina.
On sale now, the 33-day Mediterranean Connection voyage will embark from Venice to Barcelona, immersing guests in the highlights of the Eastern Mediterranean and Holy Lands. Departing on 11 October 2023, the new release Grand Voyage will call on 28 ports and will offer three shorter segment options up to 12 days in length.
Prices start from AU$16,870 per person twin share for a Veranda Stateroom. Ocean View and Inside Staterooms are on a waitlist basis.
“With demand continuing to increase for longer and more destination-immersive voyages, we are thrilled to reveal this new itinerary offering experiences in both iconic and off-the-beaten-path ports of call in a corner of the world with rich history and cultural wonders,” said Howard Sherman, President and CEO of Oceania Cruises.
This Grand Voyage is ideal for time-rich travellers to enjoy special luxuries available on board. Ranging from a state-of-the art cooking school teaching the flavours of the region to private dining at Privée offering the ultimate exclusive dining experience, there are endless selections for guests to indulge in. This special Grand Voyage itinerary was designed for the intrepid explorer, enamoured by the celebration of history, culture, and cuisine in myriad mesmerising destinations. During this expedition, Marina will call on Italy, Croatia, Greece, Turkey, Malta, Israel, Egypt and more.
The new departure has become available after Oceania Cruises’ halted plans for a scheduled drydock of Marina, with a spokesperson for the cruise line telling LATTE, “It is a new voyage that fills a void left by a drydock that was postponed due to supply chain and logistics challenges”.
Mediterranean Connection: Grand Voyage
33 Days aboard Marina | 11 October – 13 November 2023
Set sail for just over a month aboard the 1,238-guest Marina to delight in an array of brilliant discoveries throughout the Eastern Mediterranean. From Venice, this voyage takes guests through iconic marquee ports and hidden gem destinations across the Mediterranean with a truly unique itinerary featuring sought-after culinary experiences in soul-stirring Italian locales, an intriguing blend of history and culture throughout the Greek Isles and a comprehensive journey through the sacred sites of the Holy Lands.
Mediterranean Connection Grand Voyage Highlights
- With no repeat ports of call, explore 28 diverse ports ranging from iconic cities to off-the-beaten-path destinations
- Explorations of 10 legendary countries, easily connecting diverse corners of the region
- An overnight in Istanbul offering guests ample time for in-depth exploration of the magnificent city astride two continents
Ports of Call
- Venice (Trieste), Italy
- Split, Croatia
- Kotor, Montenegro
- Corfu, Greece
- Katakolon, Greece
- Chania (Crete), Greece
- Santorini, Greece
- Messina (Sicily), Italy
- Salerno, Italy
- Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
- Naples/Pompeii, Italy
- Catania (Sicily), Italy
- Bodrum, Turkey
- Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey
- Athens (Piraeus), Greece
- Mykonos, Greece
- Thessaloniki, Greece
- Kavala/Philippi, Greece
- Istanbul, Turkey (including one overnight)
- Antalya, Turkey
- Limassol, Cyprus
- Jerusalem (Haifa), Israel
- Jerusalem (Ashdod), Israel
- Cairo (Port Said), Egypt
- Alexandria, Egypt
- Valletta, Malta
- La Goulette, Tunisia
- Barcelona, Spain
For guests who have less time, Oceania Cruises is offering the Mediterranean Connection Grand Voyage in three shorter segments for ease and convenience, followed by three additional Grand Voyage itineraries of up to 23 days. Those sailing include:
- Greek & Italian Shores | Venice to Rome | 10 days, departing 11 October
- Legendary Pathways | Rome to Istanbul | 11 days, departing 21 October
- Holy Land & Treasures | Istanbul to Barcelona | 12 days, departing 1 November
- Mediterranean Mystique | Barcelona to Rome | 22 days, departing 29 September
- Icons of Civilisations | Venice to Istanbul | 21 days, departing 11 October
- Seas of Revelation | Rome to Barcelona | 23 days, departing 21 October