Journey Beyond has launched one of its most extensive packages yet, combining two iconic rail journeys – The Ghan and the Indian Pacific – with an ultra-luxury Silversea Cruises’ voyage.
The Ultimate West by Land and Sea package is an extraordinary 28-day journey that laps half of Australia. The exclusive offering is a unique opportunity, with only one departure for 2024. It combines the best of both worlds, across the Nullarbor to Perth and along Western Australia’s coast on the Silversea Kimberley voyage from Perth to Darwin. Guests will visit a range of Australia’s most iconic destinations, from the vibrant cityscapes of Sydney and Perth to the rugged landscape of the Kimberley and then through The Red Centre into the spiritual heart of Australia.
“This incredible experience explores the most remote reaches of Australia,” says David Donald, Executive General Manager of Rail Expeditions at Journey Beyond. “The Ghan and Indian Pacific are two iconic journeys, and pairing these with Silversea’s luxury cruising promises our guests an authentic Australian experience that will provide a whole new perspective on some of the most far-flung reaches of the country. It’s a rather exceptional odyssey.”
Meanwhile, Silversea Cruises’ Silver Cloud features spacious ocean-view suites with butler service, and most include private verandas, meaning guests can sip champagne from the comfort of their deck with ocean views.
“We are delighted to partner with Journey Beyond to offer this rare and one-off adventure for discerning travellers who seek an immersive and authentic experience of Australia,” said Adam Radwanski, Silversea Cruises Managing Director Asia-Pacific.
The Ultimate West by Land and Sea experience highlights include:
- 3-nights crossing the Nullarbor from Sydney to Perth on the Indian Pacific, including immersive Off Train Experiences in Broken Hill, Adelaide, Cook and Rawlinna
- 1-night stay in lively Perth
- 17-night all-inclusive luxury cruise from Perth to Darwin aboard Silver Cloud
- Personalised luxury with butler service available onboard Silver Cloud
- Visiting the Kimberley’s Buccaneer Archipelago and Mitchell Falls
- 3-nights’ accommodation in Darwin
- A Darwin Harbour sunset cruise to witness a spectacular Territory sunset
- 3-nights on the all-inclusive Ghan Expedition, travelling Darwin to Adelaide and including Off Train Experiences in Katherine, Alice Springs, and Coober Pedy
The 28-day Ultimate West by Land and Sea departs 21 August 2024 and is priced from $35,295 per person twin share.
More on the journey here.