Oceania Cruises‘ 1,250-guest ship Riviera will explore the continents of Africa and Asia at the end of 2024, and into 2025 with three brand new itineraries.
The jewel of these itineraries is a once-in-a-lifetime 59-day Grand Voyage that will explore ports across Africa and Asia. Riviera will sail from Barcelona and call at the Canary Islands, before heading down the western coast of Africa with days at sea punctuating enticing ports in Senegal, Gambia, Ghana, and an overnight stay in Walvis Bay, Namibia. At the journey’s most southern point, guests will enjoy an overnight stay in Cape Town before heading up the eastern coast via Madagascar, for an overnight stay in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania; and then across to the Seychelles, Maldives, Thailand, Malaysia, before the journey culminates with two nights’ in port in Singapore.
“These longer, destination-immersive voyages offer curious, well-travelled guests the chance to explore some of the most off-the-beaten-path ports in the world, all from the elegant surroundings of Riviera,” said Frank A. Del Rio, President of Oceania Cruises.
“Sailing from Europe to Asia, via both coasts of Africa, is a true bucket list journey, combining iconic cities and unknown gems, with our incredible onboard service and the best value in luxury cruising, these voyages are hard to resist.”
Offering the largest standard staterooms at sea and home-away-from-home residential-style luxury, Riviera will explore bucket list African locales such as Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Walvis Bay and Dar Es Salaam, as well as stopping in the iconic Asian ports of Phuket, Penang, Colombo and Malé.
Her new itineraries range from 27 to 59 days, travelling from Europe across Africa and Asia.
Riviera will also take guests to smaller, more niche destinations across the globe, stopping at Antsiranana in Madagascar, Hambantota in Sri Lanka, Sao Tome and Lome in Togo. Travellers will have the opportunity to delve deeper into the natural wonders and local cultures of these destinations, with more than 400 shore excursions to choose from.
Riviera’s New Itineraries:
A Tale of Five Seas, 59-day voyage departing 14 November 2024 from Barcelona, and arriving in Singapore on 12 January 2025.
Ports of call: Seville, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Arrecife, Mindelo, Dakar, Banjul, Abidjan, Sekondi-Takoradi, Lome, Sao Tome, overnight stay in Walvis Bay, Luderitz, overnight stay in Cape Town, Mossel Bay, Port Elizabeth, Maputo, Nosy Be, Mayotte, overnight stay in Dar Es Salaam, Antsiranana, Mahe, overnight stay in Male, Colombo, Hambantota, Phuket, Langkawi, Penang, Melaka, Kuala Lumpur, finishing with an overnight stay in Singapore.
West African Rhythms, 27-day voyage departing 14 November 2024, from Barcelona, and arriving in Cape Town on 11 December 2024.
Ports of call: Seville, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Arrecife, Mindelo, Dakar, Banjul, Abidjan, Sekondi-Takoradi, Lome, Sao Tome, overnight stay in Walvis Bay, Luderitz, finishing with an overnight stay in Cape Town.
Colonial Crowns, 32-day voyage departing on 11 December 2024 from Cape Town, and arriving in Singapore on 12 January 2025.
Ports of call: Mossel Bay, Port Elizabeth, Maputo, Nosy Be, Mayotte, overnight stay in Dar Es Salaam, Antsiranana, Mahe, overnight stay in Male, Colombo, Hambantota, Phuket, Langkawi, Penang, Melaka, Kuala Lumpur, finishing with an overnight stay in Singapore.
Riviera had a sweeping rejuvenation with all suites and staterooms being restyled with new custom furnishings, wood finishes and designer accents radiating Oceania Cruises’ signature essence of elegance. Some notable highlights of the reimagined vessel include:
- Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms and Veranda Staterooms are the largest standard staterooms afloat at 27 square metre
- All Penthouse Suites and staterooms are beautifully redesigned, bringing a chic, warm and comforting sense of home with sleek restyled bathrooms in Italian marble
- Riviera’s public spaces have all been elevated with plush new carpets and leather-covered armchairs
- All the convivial lounges and bars, and decadent dining venues have been elegantly restyled, elevating social and epicurean experiences while maintaining the home-away-from-home ambiance
- The Grand Dining Room reflects a renewed sense of grandeur that radiates from the glistening chandelier, plush carpets and butter-soft leather armchairs
- Dining alfresco in the evening has been completely revamped with a delightful new pizzeria and trattoria, featuring an array of handmade pizzas, succulently grilled Italian specialties, spicy chicken wings, tantalizing salads and indulgent desserts every evening