Viking has opened bookings for its 2026 ocean voyages, citing many 2024 dates have already sold out and 2025 departures are selling fast.
Viking also confirmed voyages for its newest ship, Viking Vesta®, which is scheduled to join the fleet in July 2025. The 998-guest sister ship will spend her inaugural season sailing popular itineraries in the Mediterranean and Scandinavia.
More than 80 ocean itineraries are available, with examples of Viking’s most popular voyages being:
- Viking Homelands (15 days; Stockholm—Bergen) – Sail historic waters and discover more of Scandinavia with overnights in Stockholm, Oslo and scenic Bergen. See charming Ålborg and Gdańsk, and visit the grand cities of Berlin and Copenhagen. Witness breathtaking scenery from your ship as she glides through majestic Norwegian fjords in the legendary homelands of the Vikings.
- Iconic Western Mediterranean (8 days; Barcelona—Rome) – France’s famed southern coast and Italy’s Renaissance treasures take centre stage on this eight-day Mediterranean sojourn. Immerse in Catalonian and Tuscan art, architecture and history during overnights in Barcelona and Tuscany. In the South of France, call on historic Montpellier and picturesque Marseille, and visit Monte Carlo, Monaco’s glamorous city by the sea.
- Empires of the Mediterranean (10 days; Venice—Athens) – Sail the Adriatic and Aegean, taking in all the riches of this fabled region. On an exploration bookended by iconic Venice and Athens, discover the ancient ruins of Olympia and the Acropolis. Explore the medieval warrens of Zadar and Dubrovnik, and admire the famed whitewashed villages of Santorini. Delight in the beauty of Corfu and be captivated by Koper, the gateway to picturesque Slovenia.
- British Isles Explorer (15 days; Bergen—London) – Be immersed in the British Isles
with overnight stays in Bergen, Norway, and Greenwich, England. Discover the legendary Highlands and Western Isles of Scotland and its capital, Edinburgh. Visit the Shetland and Orkney Islands, and contrast modern Belfast with traditional Dublin. Witness Welsh culture in Snowdonia. In England, visit maritime Liverpool, see historic Dover and enjoy a tour of London.
Additionally, Viking has announced six new immersive Pre and Post Extensions beginning in 2024 and 2025. Pre and Post extensions are increasingly popular with travellers; over 45% of all Viking guests choose to add such extensions to their voyage.
The new, fully guided, three-night extensions are offered in the iconic cities of Barcelona, Istanbul, London, Rome, Stockholm and Venice and feature Privileged Access® to museums, local cuisine for lunches and dinners, market visits and cooking classes—as well as more time to personalize the journey with optional excursions. The new extensions include:
- Best of Barcelona – Explore Cataluña’s capital, the beautiful city of Barcelona. Admire views from atop Montserrat, revel in the spectacle of La Sagrada Familia and roam the storied Gothic Quarter. Additionally, enjoy time at your leisure or join fellow travellers for optional excursions to further immerse in local culture.
- Best of Istanbul – Be immersed in the history of the Ottoman Empire with visits to the Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Explore the expansive Grand Bazaar and a spice market, and savour Turkish culinary delights at a Michelin Star restaurant and farm-to-table experience in an idyllic setting.
- Best of London – Explore the iconic sites of London and enjoy Privileged Access experiences at the British Museum and St. Paul’s Cathedral. Tantalise the taste buds at Borough Market with TV chef and culinary author, Celia Brooks, and spend an evening at the Tower of London as you witness a centuries-old ceremony.
- Best of Rome – Explore more of the “Eternal City” during an extended stay. Stroll narrow streets and vibrant piazzas, with every corner of the city revealing a piece of history. Visit Vatican City and its museums, see the sights of ancient Rome and learn the art of making pasta the Italian way.
- Best of Stockholm – Immerse in the vibrant culture and natural beauty of Stockholm. Admire the art gracing its subway stations and historic City Hall, cruise its scenic archipelago and savor a taste of traditional cuisine at Östermalmshallen. Optional excursions offer you a chance to explore more of Sweden’s elegant capital city.
- Best of Venice – Experience Venice as few do, avoiding the crowds for an intimate look at this famous city. Cruise the Grand Canal at night, take a morning stroll through the bustling Rialto Fish Market and admire historic landmarks around iconic St. Mark’s Square after hours during this unforgettable sojourn.
The new Viking Vesta will join Viking’s sister ships, Viking Star, Viking Sea, Viking Sky, Viking Orion, Viking Jupiter, Viking Venus, Viking Mars, Viking Neptune and Viking Saturn. The new Viking Vela is scheduled to debut in December 2024.
From now through 28 March 2024, Viking’s Explorer Sale is offering Australian and New Zealand travellers:
- Included return economy flights* to Europe on 2025 and 2026 river journeys and to Southeast Asia on 15-day river journeys;
- Up to $3,000 flight credit per couple* on 2025 and 2026 ocean voyages;
- Savings of up to $4,000 per couple* on select 2025 and 2026 expedition voyages.