Hard ‘no’ from Hard Rock on Star talks

'Hard Rock International is not involved,' declares US company

Hard Rock International has stated it expressed no interest in Star Entertainment Group Limited following mainstream media reports yesterday the US company was considering a bid for the struggling Australian firm. The speculation was fuelled when Star said it had been approached by a consortium of investors which included Hard Rock Hotels & Resorts (Pacific). As a result of the news the share market value of Star spiked 20% yesterday.

However overnight, Hard Rock said it wanted to set the record straight, saying “We want to make it clear that Hard Rock International is not involved in, nor has it authorised, any discussions, activities or negotiations on its behalf in connection with a proposed bid for Star.

“Hard Rock International has similarly not authorised the use of the Hard Rock brand in connection with any proposed bid for Star by any third party,” the company said.

Subscribe to LATTE’s free eNewsletter to keep up to date with everything in the luxury travel industry.

“Our brand is built on a legacy of integrity, excellence, and a commitment to our guests, partners, and team members worldwide. Any misuse of the Hard Rock name in unauthorised business dealings is taken very seriously.”

Further, Hard Rock said it was investigating the matter and “will pursue all necessary legal actions to protect our brand and reputation.”

“We urge stakeholders and the public to rely only on official communications from Hard Rock International for accurate information regarding our business activities and partnerships,” Hard Rock International concluded.”

Star’s response today [Tuesday 21 May] was: “As noted yesterday, The Star has not received any proposal directly from Hard Rock International.”

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, Hard Rock International has confirmed plans to cease operations of The Mirage Hotel & Casino as of 17 July 2024 after 34 years of operation. The closure will enable work to begin on the transformation of the site into the highly anticipated Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and Guitar Hotel Las Vegas.

The Mirage Hotel & Casino will close on 17 July 2024

Hard Rock, which acquired The Mirage in December 2022, will develop a new integrated resort featuring a nearly 215-metre-tall guitar-shaped hotel tower in the centre of the Las Vegas Strip.

Guests with The Mirage Hotel & Casino room reservations or show tickets beyond 14 July 2024 will be automatically cancelled, and refunded. Guests with reservations booked through a third-party provider or online travel agency will automatically be cancelled.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

WP to LinkedIn Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com