Celebrity Cruises has introduced an app to showcase its most technologically advanced ship, Celebrity Edge, narrated by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Chairman and CEO, Richard Fain, and Celebrity President and CEO, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.
The augmented reality Celebrity Edge Access Tour app takes guests behind-the-scenes like never before. The tour uses binaural audio, soundscaping, and 3-D augmented reality technology to give guests the ultimate behind-the-scenes access to the story of this groundbreaking new ship.
“This is not your standard museum audio tour. With the new Celebrity Edge Access Tour app, we augmented the reality of the ship with a 3-D tour of the behind-the-scenes stories available right in the palm of our guests’ hands,” said Fain.
“Bringing guests closer to the world than ever before is such a driving force behind Celebrity Edge – with our innovative outward-facing design, unique new experiences and world-opening itineraries – and now we’re excited to bring guests even closer to the ship herself,” added Lutoff-Perlo. “And now, the Celebrity Edge Access Tour app will offer guests a behind-the-scenes look at what makes Celebrity Edge truly exceptional, all in breathtaking 12-megapixel clarity.”
- The Grand Plaza: Spanning three decks at the heart of the ship, this spectacular Italian piazza-inspired space acts as the epicentre of Celebrity Edge and the start of this innovative tour
- Magic Carpet: This transformative venue is the world’s first cantilevered, floating platform that reaches heights of 13 storeys above sea level along the ship’s exterior
- Resort Deck: Revolutionary in its vision, this outward-facing space offers endless ways for guests to enjoy the outdoors and connect with the sea
- Rooftop Garden: A living, outdoor playscape offering everything from live concerts to dinner and movie under the stars
- Eden: A unique venue where state-of-the-art design is fused with culinary and entertainment to excite guests’ every sense
- Guests can also take a 360-degree peek at the Galley, the Bridge, the Engine Control Room and the luxurious new Edge Launches
Guests can download the Celebrity Edge Access Tour app at the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. To take an insider’s tour of the most iconic spaces on Celebrity Edge and learn more about the revolutionary new app, visit www.celebritycruises.com/edge.