On this rare combination of two fascinating European destinations, guests will peel back many thousands of years of history in Malta – which houses more historic sights and sites within its compact shores than almost any other country in Europe – and be immersed in the even more ancient heritage of Turkey.
Both countries have been ruled by powerful civilisations, empires that have come and gone and left behind a unique legacy. Seek out what makes these destinations stand out from the rest, exploring some of the world’s most important archaeological sites, appreciating their rich artistic heritage and savouring delicious food and wine thanks to a rich culinary bounty.
- In Malta, explore Valetta’s lavish architectural legacy from the Knights of St John
- Step back in time with a visit to the small island of Gozo
- Discover Mdina, Malta’s old capital city founded nearly 5 millennia ago, admiring the beautiful honey-coloured houses
- In Turkey, discover the ancient tradition of winemaking at a tasting in Cappadocia
- Wander through Turkey’s incredible rock cut churches and underground villages
- Enjoy a private viewing of the Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace, Istanbul’s most famous sights, without the crowds
- Walk in the footsteps of the ancients at Pergamon, Troy and Ephesus
- Float along the mighty Bosphorus at sunset admiring the city skyline
16 Days | Maximum 18 Guests | Prices start from $17,990 per person.
2020 Departures: 1-16 May; 29 May-13 June; 11-26 September; 9-24 October
Solo Traveller Special: For a limited time, Abercrombie & Kent is waiving the single supplement for the first two solo travellers booked on this and many other Limited Edition Small Group Journeys. T&Cs apply, contact A&K for more details.
All A&K Limited Edition Small Group Journeys can now be booked online with confirmation issued to you, and your clients if you choose, within 24 hours of receipt of deposit.
Click here for more details